Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm in love with...

mercury glass.

I love the mercury glass pumpkins I keep seeing as I look for glam halloween decor. Like these:



Thing is, they are spendy & even if I did have the money to buy one, most places that had them are sold out. I've noticed that there are a bunch of blogs where people have used chrome paint to diy their own mercury glass, but frankly, it looks like glass sprayed with chrome paint. I also found Chez Fifi blog showing the steps of using silver leaf for a mercury glass-like look. This I love. I'm thinking of taking my clear glass pumpkin that came from target many years ago and using some copper leaf, making my own take on the mercury glass pumpkin. More like these:



My only concern is that I just painted one of my terracotta pumpkins a really deep rich copper and I don't want the two to look too similar.

hmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. These pumpkins are so cute! Very pretty. Oh yea..I LOVE your new blog! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails