Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cleaning Green

For some time now, I've been thinking about making my own household cleaning products & the last few times I've used the chemical versions of these cleaners, I've noticed that I'm having a harder time staying in the bathroom while I use them thanks to the fumes-that's not healthy if you ask me! I've always had to be very careful of choosing products thanks to exceptionally sensitive skin, so, I guess there's no time like the present.

I'm starting off with the things I know I'll use on a weekly basis:

Toilet bowl cleaner
General Cleanser
Glass cleaner
Something to clean our ceramic cooktop
Something (different from the general cleanser?) for the marble countertop

I figure I'll need:

Spray bottles
Raw Ingredients
Recipes (lots of good ones on line)

I already have:

Buckets
Rags

I'm thinking that if I find a really good recipe that works well, I'll make a spiffy label for the bottle and include the recipe on it, and offer it as a pdf if anyone wants to use it.

post signature

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! If you find a good recipe to clean your cooktop-please share! I can never get all of the gunk off! (mine is glass)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best cooktop cleaning method is baking soda. Just get the top moist, sprinkle on baking soda and let sit for a minute. Then you a green scrubby and gentle rub all gunk off! Works the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails