Thursday, January 21, 2010

how to make 1 sweet calendar

For the past few nights, I've been attempting to make some old ink jet transparency plastic work for making my dreamy new calendar. Last night, I gave up. It's just not going to happen using materials I already have on hand.

I started researching window clings. I even contemplated having one made at Kinko's or asking sayitwithstyle about just how "custom" she was willing to go, because frankly, I really like the design I came up with.

Enter Ebay!
I just purchased this:

I spent a total of $15. $10 for 2 packs of 4 clings, $4 shipping and a $1 donation to the Red Cross (because it's honestly the easiest way to make a donation ever).

I'll report back once I know how it works...

Meanwhile, I'm painting the frame for this little project with leftover white semi-gloss paint. Nothing special, but since it was a dark sea foam, it's going to take 3-4 coats.

Speaking of coats...Project Runway's on, so I have to go.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails